Selling your home can be a stressful situation, but it doesn’t have to be. It can be an exciting opportunity to sell your home quickly and move into the home of your dreams! Here are some tips on how to sell your current home fast so you can find the home you’ve always wanted.
- Know what your home’s worth. Do your research and find out what other homes in your area are being priced at, and then price your home at 15-20% less. It may seem like a risky move, but in this competitive market, homebuyers will be scrambling to make a good offer, and will be expecting to compete with other buyers. When there’s competition for your home, you may very well end up getting more than what you were originally asking.
- Get rid of the clutter. Buyers want to see how much space is in the home, not how much junk can fit into the space! Clear your closets half way and organize what you do decide to leave hanging. Clear off countertops in the kitchen and bathrooms to really showcase these spaces. If your home is filled with big bulky furniture pieces, put those in storage so you can open your home up to a nice inviting space.
- Let the light in. Take down any curtains, clean the blinds, and wash the windows to maximize the amount of light that will come in. Buyers look for bright, open spaces.
- Don’t put a ton of money into upgrades. Chances are, you won’t see a lot of return in your investment if you do a huge renovation before you move. Focus on smaller changes that make a big impact, such as slapping a fresh coat of paint on the walls, updating the hardware on the sinks and cabinets, and fix leaky faucets.
- Clean, clean, clean. This may be a no brainer, but it’s important to clean everything! Consider hiring a cleaning service to come in and give your home a deep clean to make sure they get the areas where you may have overlooked.
- First impressions count. This is why your home’s curb appeal matters. Take time to plant some flowers, mow to lawn, and trim the hedges. Remember, you only get one first impression.
- Be ready to show your home at any time. The more flexible you are about showing your home, the more likely it will be that buyers will be interested in seeing the home. That also means keeping the home show ready, and having it always clean and decluttered.
- Hide the pets. It should seem like pets don’t even live in the home. This means hiding the litter box, picking up the dog bowls, and putting away the toys. Not everyone who is looking to buy your home feels the same about pets as you do.
Hiring the right broker is a great start in getting your home ready to sell, and in no time, you’ll be unpacking your boxes into your new home.