Having a clean and organized home isn’t the easiest thing to do, but it is something that everyone wants. Having an organized home helps to relax your mind and body after a long day of work. Here are some tips on having a intentionally organized home.
- Pick up often. It may seem self explanatory, but picking up a little bit here and there can really go a long way. Clutter can build up over time, and the longer you wait to clean, the worse the situation will get. Take ten minutes a day to tidy up, and you won’t be overwhelmed with a huge mess.
- Get rid of things. The best way to organize your home is to get rid of things you don’t need. Do you have multiples of the same item? A closet full of clothes you don’t wear? Toys that the kids have outgrown? Giving these items to charity will not only clear your home of unnecessary clutter, but will help those in need.
- It’s a family affair. To keep your home clean, everyone in the house needs to be on the same page. Make a game out of cleaning up with your children, and have your spouse get rid of things they don’t need.
- Have a cleaning schedule. Cleaning certain rooms during certain times of the month will help to keep you organized. You don’t have to clean the entire house all in one day. A schedule can keep the entire house working as a team, and not overwhelmed by having to clean every room in your house.
- Just start. It’s easy to make an excuse as to why you shouldn’t or can’t, but if you just start, you may find you won’t be able to stop! Set a timer for even five minutes, and if you’re done cleaning after that time, then you can stop.
- Invest in the right tools. Use baskets, crates, and pretty boxes to keep things up and out of sight. Having great things to organize with will make it more enticing to organize in the first place.
- Keep things off the floor, and put them on the walls. By utilizing wall space, it will make your room seem much larger than it actually is.
Follow these tips to have your home organized in no time!