Preparing to buy or sell a home can be an exciting time. Navigating all the contracts and paperwork can seem overwhelming and scary. That’s when having a great realtor comes in handy. Here are some great tips to help you find the perfect realtor for your next home buying experience,
- Go with the person, not the resume. While tons of experience and lots of sold homes under their belt is great, if you don’t get along with your agent, it can make buying or selling your home an unenjoyable experience. Find someone you can relate to, because you will be spending a lot of time with your realtor.
- Find someone you can trust. You are going to be investing a lot of money into your new home, so make sure you have an ally on your side who you can trust to be honest with you. Make sure they are looking after your best interest, and not just in it for a quick commission.
- Talk to other homeowners. Other homeowners can give your their personal experience with their realtor, and that goes a long way. If you’re looking to buy in a particular area, homeowners will usually know a great realtor who is an expert in that area.
- Find an agent with a good support system. An agent with a great team behind them is key. Chances are, your agent will have multiple clients. Without a solid team behind them, it’s more likely for something to slip through the cracks.
- Are they realistic? While having a super positive agent is wonderful, it’s important that they can relay to you the honest pros and cons of your property. Are the able to mitigate the risks associated with your home and the neighborhood around it?
- Look for a compassionate agent. It’s important to find an agent who understands how stressful this process can be. Find an agent who is patient and willing to listen to your concerns.
- Check out their current listings. You want to know that your agent will be able to work hard to make your home shine. Get an agent who knows how to use photographs and online resources to their advantage.
The home buying process can seem daunting, but with the right realtor on your side, you can make your situation easy and enjoyable